About the Material
Solid Surface – Main characteristics
|Amfi-Top Solid Surface has it’s unique qualities due to it’s components and production processes. The material consist of 70% aluminum trihydrate and 30% polyester resins from the oil industry. In the production process, the liquid material is casted in forms and hardened in a chemical hardening process, resulting in unique properties.
High temperature resistance: The chemical hardening process results in better thermal properties than when using a thermal hardening process. The Amfi-Top material can take on temperatures up to 200 degrees without harming the surfaces.
- Totally closed material: Amfi-Top Solid Surface is a 100% homogenious, high density and nonporous material. There is therefore no substances in a common household that can
- Seamless result: The material is glued together using either colored glue or the original Amfi-Top material and hardener, leaving a virtually seamless result.
- Free choice of color and design: Amfi-Top does not have a set of standard colors. This is because we can deliver worktops, wash basins, floor or furniture in any shape and color. Your imagination sets the limits.
- Built in accordance with the latest regulations in the North Sea (NORSOK): Amfi-Top Solid Surface has received certificates showing it’s fulfillment of the highest standards on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. It’s resistance to heat, fire and movements makes it ideal in harsh conditions on ships and offshore installations.
- Renewal/repair ability: Amfi-Top Solid Surface is extremely durable. After years of wear and tear, it is easy to get a renewed result of the surfaces by using a fine sand paper. If deeper dents or scratches needs to be repaired, this can be done by dripping a small amount of the original material into the dent, and use sand paper to make a completely new finish.
- Easy maintenance: The homogeneous material prevents any substances from leaving stains on the surface of the material. It is easy to clean the surfaces using a damp cloth or regular house holding soap. Do not use steelwool or similar to remove spots that seems to be stuck.
- Matte or glossy, ivory or marble; modern outlook.
- Resistant to UV-irradiation
- Ideal for demanding public rooms (hotels, schools, concert halls etc.)
- 100% recyclable